5 Best Wall Mount Shop Vac - Buying Guide & Reviews
- 1 5 Best Wall Mount Shop Vac - Buying Guide & Reviews
- 1.1 Wall Mount Shop Vac
- 1.2 5 Best Wall Mount Shop Vac Comparison
- 1.3 How to Choose The Best Wall Mount Shop Vac
- 1.4 Recommended 5 Best Wall Mount Shop Vac Reviews
- 1.4.1 Shop-Vac 3942000 Wall Mount Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 1.4.2 SHOP-VAC 3942010 Industrial Wall-Mount
- 1.4.3 Shop-Vac 3940100 Wall Mount Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 1.4.4 Shop-Vac 3942300 Mount Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 1.4.5 Shop-Vac 5 Gal 4.5 Hp Hang Up Wet & Dry Vac
- 1.5 Final Verdict
When you want a really good Wet and Dry vacuum, Shop-Vac is the best option as it has made a name for itself making some of the best models. Shop-Vac are known for their high performance as well as durability and they make wet and dry vacuums for just about every cleaning need. This review will guide you in choosing the best Wall mount shop vac according to your preference and need!
Wet and dry vacuums are quite effective when it comes to dealing with dust and other small debris, but they are also ideal for wet messes like you may find in a basement. The wall mount shop vac is a preferred choice by many car owners and people with workshops and garage that constantly need cleaning or need to have enough space so storing a vac on the wall is a nice option.
Wall Mount Shop Vac
The best wall mount shop vac is designed with a long hose so that you are able to use it while it is mounted on the wall and you can still reach different corners of the area you are cleaning. They are ideal for garages, basements, and workshops but they can also be removed from the mounting and used as a portable vac. They are like any other Shop vac only that they can be hanged on the wall.
5 Best Wall Mount Shop Vac Comparison
How to Choose The Best Wall Mount Shop Vac
Considering this unit is going to be mounted on the wall, you need to consider its size in relation to what you will be using it for because you do not want to have to dismount it every few minutes as you vacuum. It is important to get a size that will save you the burden of emptying the tank regularly. Some things that will help you make that decision include
- How often will you be vacuuming
- Will you find it easy to lift the vac or will it be too heavy
- Do you constantly have to deal with wet or dry debris
The length of the hose is very important because it will determine how far you will be able to reach while vacuuming. You do not want to have to dismount the unit or leave out a portion of dirt in your car or garage because the hose cannot reach. In most cases, a hose that is 18 feet or more long will be sufficient. If you find the hose too short, you may want to buy a longer one or connect an extension. But you should also know that if the hose is too long, it will affect suction.
The filter is a very important part of every vacuum. The filter will determine how well the vacuum handles wet or dry debris. But there is a lot more to consider about the filter and that includes
- How easy is it to maintain the filter
- Does the filter come with a replacement or you need to buy one
- Do you need to change the filter when switching from dry to wet vacuuming
- How easy is it to fit the filter and remove it to clean
When hanging anything on the wall, you should consider how safe it will be. You do not want to have the shop vac falling onto your feet as you lift it to empty the tank. It is important that the mounting is made from material strong enough to hold the weight of the vacuum when full and it should be well designed. If you are not sure how to put it up, consult the manual or have an expert do it for you. If you are using it in a workshop, make sure there is no risk of the motor heating and causing a fire or producing more dust that will affect your health.
Most shop vac will produce sound as they do their job but you should be sure that you are able to tolerate that level of noise without causing damage to your ears or annoying the neighbors. You could opt for testing the noise level with special equipment or read customer reviews that may give you an idea of how loud the vac is and if you insist on having one that is loud, you should consider getting noise cancellation headphones.
Other Considerations will include
- The price can determine whether you can afford it or not, there are a number of affordable wall mount Shop-Vacs
- Find out what accessories come with the Shop Vac and consider if they are useful or you still have to buy others
- It is also important that the Shop Vac is easy to use as well as install, do not end up with something you cannot operate
- Consider how long you want to have the vacuum and see if the one you want is as durable as you would like it to be, the warranty is a good indication of that
Recommended 5 Best Wall Mount Shop Vac Reviews
This is a well-designed wall mount Shop vac. It produces less noise than so many other wall mountable vacuums and yet it still delivers enough suction to handle either wet or dry vacuuming. Its long hose enables easy use while it is mounted on the wall.
You can choose to mount it in the garage and use it to clean your car or in a workshop and you may never need to carry it around. Its weight is reasonable if you chose to carry it and there is a top handle that folds down when you are not using it.
- Long 18-foot hose with added accessories
- Can be used for wet or dry pick-up
- 5-gallon tank
- Secure wall mounting
- Tool storage bag that can be mounted on the wall
- Onboard hose wrap
- 4.0 peak horsepower
- The long hose allows you to use it as a stationed shop vac on the wall
- Reduced noise compared to other vacuums
- Can a be carried around as well as mounted on the wall
- The design preserves space
- It comes with all the accessory tools you would need
- It does not have onboard tool storage
You may notice a strong similarity between this model and the 3942000 but the major difference is that this one in the industrial model which means it has stronger suction. This is an ideal wall mount shop vac for use in your workshop and you can carry it with you for cleanups after construction work and other such similar jobs.
It sits firmly on the wall but can also be easily dismounted for use in other places. Its long hose gives more reach around an 18-foot radius.
- Long 18-foot hose with added accessories
- 5 peak horsepower
- On board cord wrap
- Easy mounting and dismounting
- 5-gallon capacity tank
- Top carry handle that can be folded down
- Wet and dry ability with strong water lift power
- Storage bag for accessory tools that can be hung on the wall
- 6-foot power cord
- Strong suction power that effectively handles both wet and dry debris
- Long hose which gives sufficient reach even while the unit is mounted
- It can be easily dismounted when you want to empty the tank
- It has all the accessory tools needed
- Stronger suction comes with more noise
This model combines portability and wall mount feature to give you a very versatile wall mount shop vac. It is smaller than the other 2 already reviewed but it still has a long hose and can sit on the wall as you vacuum or you can carry it around using the foldable top handle.
It is an affordable shop vac that can be used for the car or garage as well as light cleanups around the house. It comes with all the accessory tools you would need for different pick ups.
- 3.5- gallon capacity tank
- 3.0 peak horsepower motor
- 8 -foot hose for use while mounted
- Easy portability with a top handle (weighs 14.6 pounds)
- Storage bag for accessories that can be hung on the wall
- On board cord wrap
- It is portable which makes it easy to use in different places other than where it is mounted
- Reasonably priced
- It is good with dust and pet hair in the car
- The long hose gives ample reach
- Many useful tools like the squeegee, floor tool, extension wand and crevice tool among others
- It is quite noisy
- You may need an extension cable when using it as a portable vac
This has all the basics you would look for in a wall mount shop vac. The wall mount is stable and the vacuum sits securely on it and is easy to remove. It offers powerful suction with a tank that gives ample capacity, you can vacuum the entire garage without having to empty the tank. Its filters handle dust well and it can also be used for wet pickups like spills or flooded drains. The handle at the top makes it possible to carry it around if you want to clean other areas where there is no mount. The long hose gives ample reach and you can connect a wand to increase the reach.
- 18 foot hose with attachment tools
- 4.0 peak horsepower motor
- 5-gallon storage tank
- Foldable handle on the top with easy access to on/off switch
- Filter bag, foam sleeve, and cartridge filter
- Accessory bag
- It can be used mounted on the wall or as a portable vac
- The filters are easy to clean with a blower/compressor
- Long hose gives ample reach
- Strong suction for both wet and dry pick-up
- This vac is quite loud you may need to cover your ears
If durability is your main concern, then this is a good option for you. A number of customer reviews rate this as one of the most durable wall mount shop vac. It is not just durable, though, it is also quite effective at dealing with wet and dry cleanups. This shop vac has a cylindrical design which is a diversion from most of the other wall mount shop vacs. Its long hose gives you the ability to use the vac while it is on the wall and it is easy to remove from the wall and then use it like a portable vac, carrying it using the handle on the top which has a firm grip.
- 4.5 horsepower suction
- 5-gallon capacity tank
- 18 foot hose for convenient reach
- Top handle situated near the on/off switch
- Assortment of useful tools like nozzle, squeegee, crevice tool, wand brush and more
- Well designed and durable
- Reasonably priced
- It is easy to remove from the wall
- Powerful suction
- It is easy to empty
- It does not have onboard storage for the accessory tools
These recommended best wall mount shop vacs have received a number of favorable reviews and you may have noticed that most of them have similar features so, in this case, making a choice should not be too hard. If you are looking for a portable one, then the 3940100 will serve you quite well while if you want something with a unique design and durable, then the Shop Vac Hang Up vac is the right choice. All these come with a long hose and you can extend them by adding an extra one or the different attachments they come with. In the end, you will have a good and reliable wall mount shop vac.