Most Powerful Shop Vac - Buying Guide & Reviews
- 1 Most Powerful Shop Vac - Buying Guide & Reviews
- 1.1 Most Powerful Shop Vac
- 1.2 5 Most Powerful Shop Vac Comparison
- 1.3 How To Choose The Most Powerful Shop Vac
- 1.4 Top 5 Most Powerful Shop Vac Reviews
- 1.4.1 Shop-Vac 9252310 Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 1.4.2 Shop-Vac 9689400 Ultra Pro Wet or Dry Vacuum
- 1.4.3 Shop-Vac 5986200 Stainless Steel Wet Dry Vacuum
- 1.4.4 Shop-Vac 9254310 Right Stuff Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 1.4.5 Shop-Vac 5873410 Right Stuff Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 1.5 Final Verdict
Before you go out and spend your money on a wet and dry shop vac, it is important to know what is out there and to be equipped with as much information about the different products. It may be close to impossible to read up on all the different models of Shop Vacs out there so well researched reviews and guides like this make it much easier by picking out the best of them all and narrowing down your search to the best for you.
With Shop Vac products, you can rest assured that you are getting the best on the market since the manufacturer has established itself as the leading maker of wet and dry vacuums for different cleaning needs. For many contractors finding the most powerful shop vac is important because the kind of tasks they face require power. This guide will give you an insight into the best of them.
Most Powerful Shop Vac
When you are dealing with really big messes like what you would have after sawing wood or after a flood, the most powerful shop vac is what you should use to attend to such messes. But at the same time even when carrying out normal cleaning and you wish to have it done in the shortest time possible, then a powerful vacuum is the right choice. The motor plays a big part in this and we will concentrate a lot on shop vacs with strong motors.
5 Most Powerful Shop Vac Comparison
How To Choose The Most Powerful Shop Vac
There are a number of considerations you should make when choosing the most powerful Shop Vac. Here are some of the key considerations.
The motor is the main source of power for the vacuum so you need to have one that produces high horsepower. In most cases the horse power should be 5 and above but at the same time you need to realize that the horse power should correspond to the electric current the vac uses. You could have a powerful motor but if the current is not enough to drive it, it may not perform to its potential. 120 volts or more is adequate. You should also consider what materials the motor deals with best- glass, dust, liquid etc
The size of the tank is very important because if the motor is powerful, it is going to suck in a lot of debris and the tank should be able to accommodate all that and you do not want to have to empty it all the time so it needs to be big. At the same time though, you do not want a tank that is so big that it becomes too heavy for you to lift when it is full. Ensure that the tank capacity is at least 10 gallons and not more than 14 gallons or else you will have trouble moving it around especially if there are no wheels.
The most powerful shop vac needs to have all the necessary tools to ensure it can suck up all the dust, regardless of the surface. You will be dealing with wet and dry debris so the tools should be appropriate for that. Different tools offer an advantage on particular surfaces for example.
- The crevice tool is handy in tight spaces like between cushions in a car and cracks
- The brush tool helps to loosen dust that may have dried or lodged on a carpet
- The floor tool is obviously good for getting dust off the floor
Length of the hose and cord
Dust has the ability to fly and settle all over the room so it is important that you are able to reach every area of the room. Consider how large the room you will be using the powerful Shop Vac is and then see if the length of the hose and power cord is sufficient to give you the needed reach or will you need to get an extension cable to be able to use the same socket and still cover the required radius of the area you are cleaning up. It can be very frustrating realizing that the cord and hose are just not long enough to reach wherever you intend to clean.
- Price is also a big consideration as you want to be able to get something that you can afford but also something that is worth the money
- It is also important that the shop vac you get is durable. Choose one with a warranty of more than 1 year
- If you will be moving around a lot, it is important that you get a shop vac that allows you easy mobility in terms of weight or added features like wheels and handles.
Top 5 Most Powerful Shop Vac Reviews
The look alone of this shop vac is convincing enough that it is powerful. It is made from stainless steel to make it durable even if you are using it in a workshop where it will take a lot of knocks. The motor too is quite powerful to help manage the worst messes at construction sites as well as basements and anywhere else you may need a powerful vacuum. It has a long cord to enable you push it around freely even without an extension cable.
Whether you need this for wet or dry vacuuming, it has the ability to do a good job and comes with all the necessary accessories.
- 6.5 peak horsepower motor that delivers strong suction
- 10 gallon capacity tank
- Disposable filter bag and cartridge filter
- 18 foot power cord
- 2 eight inch wheels for easier mobility
- Narrow hose for increased suction
- Accessory tools including, dual surface selector nozzle, gulper nozzle, squeegee, round brush and more
- The motor is very powerful
- The long power cord allows for greater reach
- It is made from stainless steel which makes it durable and easy to clean
- It has a number of useful tools
- It can handle any kind of mess
- The extension wands are a bit heavy
This shop vac saves you from the task of lifting a tank full of water. The 968940 has an inbuilt pump so after you have sucked up water, you can connect an ordinary garden hose to the pump outlet and let the water out. Its large tank is able to accommodate a lot of debris or water which makes it ideal for tasks like emptying a flooded basement or cleaning up a worksite after repairs or construction.
It is easy to move around and the long power cord ensures that you can cover a wide radius as you vacuum. With this you enjoy powerful suction and powerful pumping.
- Inbuilt powerful pump
- 14 gallon capacity tank
- Powerful 5.5 peak horsepower motor
- 18 foot power cord for wide coverage while vacuuming
- 8 foot lock on hose
- Disposable filter bag, filter cartridge and foam sleeve
- Versatile accessory tools including, crevice tool, utility nozzle, extension wand and floor nozzle
- The inbuilt pump allows you to empty the tank as you suck up water at the same time
- The big capacity tank allows you to suck up a lot before you need to empty the tank
- The powerful motor ensures cleaning is done quickly and effectively
- It has a top carry handle but it is too bulky to be carried around
This is indeed one of the most powerful shop vac you can find. Its suction power is quite impressive and makes it a good fit for just about any job. Its stainless steel body too is made to last and to take any knocks that may occur while you are using it in different conditions.
Whether you are using it to suck up saw dust after carpentry work or to gulp up water in a flooded basement, this shop vac will manage the task to your satisfaction and it comes with the necessary tools to help you do the work well.
- Powerful 6.0 horsepower motor
- 12 gallon capacity tank
- Stainless steel outer body
- Long 18 foot electric cord
- Blower port on the back
- Carry handle on the top
- Small wheels with swivel technology
- On board storage for tools
- 7 foot hose and useful accessory tools
- The suction is strong both for wet and dry jobs
- It is made to last long with a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
- The power cord is long enough to allow free movement
- It can be used as a blower as well
- The wheels make it easy to move it when it Is full
- The latches for the lid are not as tight as they should be, the lid can easily pop open
This is a very powerful shop vac that will pick up every kind of debris in a very short time you will be done with the cleanup and its big tank cat take up a lot of debris before it needs to be emptied. You can use it in any place from the home to the workshop as well as for professional cleaning jobs.
The long power cord gives you a wide radius while the accessory tools ensure you have the best tool for particular cleanups. Roll it anywhere you need to and even use the hose to pull it around.
- Powerful motor that delivers 6.5 peak horsepower
- 12 gallon capacity tank
- Collection filter bag for dry debris and filter cartridge
- On board storage for accessory tools and cord
- Tank drain port
- Swivel enabled wheels
- This shop vac can suck up any kind of debris as long as it can fit through the hose
- The huge capacity tank is ample for draining flooded rooms
- It is easy to move around thanks to the wheels and long power cord
- The exhaust blows the air down so it ends up raising dust that you are trying to vacuum
This is a portable vacuum with the power of an industrial shop vac. Shop-Vac describes this as contractor series because its power makes it ideal for cleaning up construction sites just as well as basements, garages and cars. If you are doing professional cleaning and you would like to have a portable wet and dry vacuum that is not hard to carry, then this is your pick.
Even when it is full, you can easily drag it around since it has wheels. Its compact design with a centered handle balances the weight for better portability.
- 6.5 horsepower motor to deliver strong suction
- 10 gallon tank that is still easy to carry around
- Long power cord of 20 feet
- Centered top carry handle
- Small wheels for better mobility
- A number of accessory tools
- This powerful shop vac is very portable
- It has the longest power cord of all the most powerful shop Vacs on this list
- It comes with useful accessories making it perfect for professional jobs
- Its compact design makes it easy to store and carry around
- It is reasonably priced
- When it is on the ground, you need to bend down to reach the power switch since it is quite short.
If portability is your main concern then the 5873410 is your best option as it combines power and portability to deliver a very efficient powerful shop vac for both domestic and commercial use and it has the longest power cord. On the other hand, 9689400 has the biggest capacity and can be drained without having to carry it around while full of water. Each of these powerful shop vac has a unique feature but they all guarantee powerful suction that will get tasks done quickly and efficiently. Remember they are all products from the market leader in wet and dry vacuums so you are guaranteed quality.