Best Cheap Shop Vac - Buying Guide & Reviews
A common problem buyers have is being able to find something that fits into a tight budget but will still perform well. These best cheap shop vac are evidence that not everything cheap is of poor quality. We have done extensive research into the performance of these shop vacs to ensure that they meet the different needs that most consumers have.
If you are looking not to spend too much on a vacuum, you can tryout any one of these vacuums. It is important as well that you pay attention to the features that they have so that you can find the right one for your need.
5 Best Cheap Shop Vac Comparison
How to Choose The Best Cheap Shop Vac
To help you make an informed decision, here are a few pointers that will help you make a choice from the 5 options recommended and reviewed.
What You are going to use it for
Every decision you will make comes down to the use of the shop vac. If for example your main reason for buying a cheap shop vac is to be able to clean your car, then you need to find a shop vac that is portable and has tools like a crevice tool to get into those tight spaces between chairs. While if you want to suck up water in the laundry room, then a bigger tank will be needed. The features of different shop vacs need to match what you intend to use it for.
As long as you have a reasonable budget, you should be able to find a good shop vac that meets that budget. Shop vac generally has cheap vacuums that range between 30 dollars and 70 dollars so consider what you are ready to spend and if that budget will get you one that will do the job you intend to use it for. You might find that you need to readjust your budget after you see the specifications of the different shop vacs available. The good news is even if you have to spend more than you expected, it will not be that much of a difference in price.
It is important that you find a Shop Vac that can deliver the kind of suction you require. In most cases you would look at the horsepower of the vacuum and believe that it has powerful suction but many times you need to go beyond that since there are other things that contribute to the suction of a vacuum, these include
- Diameter of the hose, if it is too wide, it will lose suction
- Airflow, there needs to be a corresponding airflow out of the vacuum to ensure the suction is constant
- Power, this is not a big determining factor but the wattage and voltage of a vac can affect the strength of the motor
It is rear that you will stand in just one place and vacuum so you need to take into consideration how mobile is the shop vac. If it is a big capacity tank, is it possible to carry it? Such questions will help you see how easy it will be to use the shop vac. Some of the things to be considered here are:
- How heavy is the unit and will you be able to carry it
- It is a big tank, it should have wheels and 4 wheels with at least 2 swivel wheel are the best
- If it is stationary, the hose and the cord should be long enough to allow you to move around
The accessories play a big part in determining how well the shop vac will do its work. The more the accessory tools, the more you can do with the vac. This does not mean you just go in for any accessories. The accessories need to be relevant to the tasks you will be performing. For example, you will need
- floor tools
- Extension wand
- Crevice tool
- Squeegee wand
- Replacement filters
Other things to consider
- You will also want to know if it comes with replacement filters as filters tend to need replacement after a while.
- You should consider whether you need a wet/dry vacuum or just a dry one
- Take into consideration the size of the hose as this can determine what kind of debris you are able to suck up especially in a workshop
- The length of the cord is important since this will affect how far you can go without having to use an extension or switch plugs
- Storage is important as well. Think of how much storage space you have and if the shop vac you want to get will fit or do you need to get one that is mounted on the wall.
Recommended 5 Best Cheap Shop Vac Reviews
This is the cheapest of the shop vac in this list. It can be got for less than 50 dollars and yet it does not compromise performance. It is lightweight, which makes it portable and ideal for cleaning stair cases, the car, bookshelves and any other places where you will need to carry the unit while cleaning.
It comes with all the accessories you would need for all round cleaning and you can choose to roll it around on its wheels or detach it from the dolly and use it as a handheld shop vac
- 18-foot cord that lets you go far without switching sockets
- 1.5-gallon tank
- Powerful 2.0 peak horsepower mortar
- Variety of accessory tools including 2 wands, crevice tool, dual surface selector nozzle and filters
- Onboard tool storage
- Top carry handle with easy reach on/off switch
- Quick wet and dry vacuuming
- It has a long hose and cord which make mobility and reach easier
- It can automatically shut off when the tank is full
- High performance yet reasonably priced
- It is quiet
- Its good performance leaves you wishing it had a bigger tank
You would pay slightly more for this one than the All Around EZ but you also get a slightly larger tank and a slightly stronger motor which would mean more suction. It comes with a foldable handle and is quite light. You can use it as a lower as well and for small liquid messes, it will work perfectly. It is ideal for cleaning anywhere from the garage to the house and in a workshop. It has all the accessory tools you would need to do a good job of cleaning and it is quite durable.
- Compact 2.5-gallon tank
- Reasonable 2.5 peak horsepower motor
- Light weight portable design with a top handle
- The handle can be folded for storage
- It can be mounted on the wall for space saving storage
- 6-foot power cord
- Reusable filter that can be easily cleaned
- It is portable and lightweight which makes it easy to move around the car
- It saves space since it can be hanged on the wall
- It is reasonably quiet
- The tools can also be stored on the wall
- You need to have the socket near the car because the cord is only 6 feet long
For slightly over 50 dollars you will be able to have this compact portable shop vac. It looks convincingly efficient and when put to the test it does prove to be as efficient as it looks. Whatever the task, it will handle it with the different tools it comes with and its strong suction.
It can be stored on the wall just like the other 2 cheap shop vacs although you cannot use it to vacuum while it is on the wall. Its tank can accommodate the same volume of water in a kitchen sink so you can use it to empty a blocked sink.
- Strong 2.5 Peak horsepower motor
- 2.5-gallon tank
- Solid top carry handle
- Useful accessory tools and onboard storage for the tools
- Wall bracket to securely hand the vac on
- Both wet and dry ability
- 6-foot power cord
- Light weight, 4.2 pounds
- Can be used as a blower
- This shop vac is very conveniently portable
- The onboard storage saves you from having to find a place to keep the tools
- The blower feature is useful when dust is stuck in a corner
- The flat bottom keeps it stable
- 3-year warranty
- The hose is quite short you cannot use it while it is on the wall
5 gallon shop vacs are good for everyday house cleaning and you can get this one for under 50 dollars. it gives you ample suction and performs well when you are using it to gulp liquid or wet waste. The weight is manageable as you can carry it with one hand using the top handle or drag it around on the wheels.
The hose is friction based so when the machine is heavy it may not be a good idea to use the hose to pull it as it may come off. It comes with a number of attachments to help you execute different tasks.
- 5-gallon tank capacity
- Both top and side handles
- 2.25 peak horsepower motor
- 6-foot power cord
- 7-foot hose with extension wands and other accessory tools
- Blower port on the back
- Swivel enabled small wheels for mobility
- Reusable disc filter with foam sleeve
- Large tank that can take 5 gallons
- It comes with all the necessary tools for any cleaning job
- The suction is sufficient to get vacuuming done quickly
- It can be used as a blower
- The cord and hose are short so you need to use an extension cable
You will pay more than 50 dollars for this shop vac but it does come with a bigger tank and stronger suction. Compared to other shop vacs, this one is quieter. You can move it around either using the wheels of the handle on the top or the side handles.
Most people who have reviewed it seem to be happy with its performance as a domestic shop vac. It has the accessory tools you will need for different surfaces like carpet, floor, car chairs as well as wet vacuuming. It is really a nice vac that comes cheap.
- 6 gallon capacity tank
- 6 foot power cord
- Accessory tools including hose, filters, extension wands and crevice tool.
- 3.0 peak horse power motor
- Top and side handles
- Blower port on the back
- This is made from hard plastic which makes it durable and easy to clean
- It has powerful suction
- It can contain more liquid than other best cheap shop vac
- Quieter than most shop vacs
- It has stead suction
- It does not have a drain port so you need to dump the liquid from the top
Being able to pay less than 100 dollars for a good shop vac is a good bargain. These shop vacs are cheap but they do not compromise quality and performance. Anyone on a budget would be happy with their purchase of any one of these. The All Around though does stand out because it is cheap yet it still comes with a number of useful features. If however, you are looking for a bigger shop vac, then you will have to pay more and go for either the 9650600 or the 2030500 that have bigger tanks. With the right care, these vacs will last long and work well.