Best Shop Vac For Drywall Dust - Buying Guide and Reviews
Choosing the best shop vac for drywall dust will not only ensure that you get the job done well, it is also good for your health. Ordinary vacuums will let fine dust escape and if that is the case when you are dealing with drywall dust, you can end up inhaling that dangerous air. The shop vacs on this list are designed specially to deal with the finest of dust so that the air you breath as you vacuum is safe and the surface is clean as well.
You should also take interest in the tips about features that the drywall shop vac should have to ensure a job well done.
5 Best Shop Vac For Drywall Dust Comparison
How to Choose The Best Shop Vac For Drywall Dust
The filters used in the shop vac need to be able to handle fine dust particles. Because drywall dust is very fine, it can easily escape if the filters are not good enough. HEPA filters would be ideal but there are some filters also that are specially designed for drywall dust. In some cases, you may have to order such a filter separately but it is best if they all come together. You should also consider;
- If the filters can handle wet and dry conditions
- If they have to be washed and how often
- How long you will use them before replacing
When sucking up drywall dust, the hose can be just as important as the vacuum itself. Choose a model with a long enough hose that you aren’t married to the unit (meaning you have enough room to maneuver). Also, look at the different hose attachments that come with it, as certain hose heads can be better for different surfaces and corners. Finally, keep in mind that if you have an extra long hose (like fifty feet), you will not have as much suction as with a shorter hose, so make sure that the vacuum has enough power to keep the suction high even with a long hose.
The Shop vac is going to need to store the dust sucked up and the tank needs to be able to contain as much as possible before it needs to be emptied. You should be able to know how much vacuuming you’re going to be doing and get a shop vac with the ability to take in that much debris before it needs to be emptied. The tank capacity should not be below 10 gallons for small jobs and 12 gallons or more for bigger jobs. At the same time, you do not want it to be too big because that adds to the weight and size of the entire vacuum which will affect portability.
The reach of the shop vac is usually determined by the length of the hose as well as the wand. To get better reach, you will need a long hose. When it comes to vacuuming drywall dust, you are going to vacuum the walls as well and if you do not have a ladder, it is convenient is the hose and the wand are still able to reach the entire height of the wall without having to lift the hose high in the air. The best shop vac for drywall dust should have a 12-foot length minimum including hose and extensions, which will be able to reach the top of a wall and give you room to maneuver.
You need to find a shop vac that is within your price range and yet is still able to meet the above considerations. The best shop vac for drywall dust does not have to cost your year’s pay. There are very many good ones, including the 5 listed above that are still able to do a good job and are not overly expensive. If you like its features and you can afford it, go ahead and purchase it, but be careful to not use price as the measure of how good it is.
- You should also consider how durable the shop vac is as you do not want to spend on it today and then have to replace it after a few cleanup jobs.
- Portability is also important since you will be moving around, it is important that you can easily carry or pull it around without it becoming a burden.
- You need to consider where you will store it and if it is easy to store.
- Find out what accessories it comes with and if they will prove useful for different cleaning surfaces.
Recommended 5 Best Shop Vac For Drywall Dust Reviews
Below are the best shop vacuums for picking up drywall dust. Each vacuum is top-rated, so no matter which one you choose, you are sure to get a high-quality machine.
A number of contractors choose this shop vac as their preferred best shop vac for drywall dust, this is because of its special filter for extra fine dust like drywall dust. Unlike many other wet dry vacuums, this one does not give a chance for dust to escape into the air.
It also can be fitted with a wet filter which will trap drywall dust even when it is mixed with water or any other liquid. Speaking of liquid, you can easily drain liquid from the tank using the draining system. This is a wonderfully designed shop vac with excellent features
- Clean stream filtration that traps ultra fine dust
- Tank drainage system for easy cleaning
- 5 peak horsepower motor
- 10-gallon capacity tank
- 12-foot hose with attachments
- 18-foot power cord
- Top carry handle and bottom wheels for easy mobility
- Blower function on the back
- Water filter can be added
- It has superior filtration that can trap the smallest drywall particles
- It is easy to clean using the tank drainage system
- The long power cord and hose give you more reach around the area you are cleaning
- The system does not clog as long as you use the right filter
- It comes with a number of useful accessories
- You have to buy the water filter separately
This is another shop vac that gets a lot of praise from contractors for its handling of drywall dust. Many people like it because of its size.
It has a big tank which means you can do much more cleaning of wet or dry surfaces and its filter system ensures that no dust particle is left behind. Its motor provides strong suction and special technology ensures that the motor continues working efficiently for longer. It is easy to move around the work site since it has wheels and it comes with many useful accessory tools.
- SVX2 technology which increases the power of the motor and its lifespan
- Strong suction from the 6.5 peak horsepower motor
- 16-gallon capacity tank
- 8-foot hose with lock on technology so that it does not slip off
- Useful accessory tools like floor nozzle, crevice tools and filters for fine dust
- Filter minder to ensure the filter continues to work well
- The filter system works well when it comes to preventing drywall dust from escaping
- It has powerful suction which will suck up the most stubborn dust to leave the floors and walls clean
- The large tank capacity helps especially when you have to suck up liquid as well.
- The power cord is only 6 feet, you need an extension to use it at a construction site
If you like the 8251600 but you are on a budget that cannot allow you to meet that cost, then this 9650610 is the next best thing. You may need to settle for a smaller tank but that does not compromise its ability to handle drywall dust like the best shop vac that it is.
It comes with the usual tools you would need for a good wet-dry vacuum and they fit securely when you are using it.
- Portable design with carrying handle and wheels
- 6-gallon capacity tank
- 3.0 peak horsepower motor for strong suction
- A number of useful accessory tools for drywall dust and other messes
- Onboard storage for tools
- 12-foot power cord
- 8-foot hose with extension wands
- Disposable filter bag
- The shop vac is reasonably priced yet very efficient
- It has strong suction that sucks up drywall dust quickly
- Portable design makes it easy to move around at a work site
- Reasonably quiet
- The disposable filter bag ensure that drywall dust does not escape and it is safe when disposing of the dust
- The disposable filter bags become expensive since you need to keep on replacing them
This gives you plenty of power you need to suck up drywall dust. It has a large tank with filters that ensure that the fine particles of dust do not escape and it also has multiple filtrations which gives you the choice of power you want to use for different cleaning tasks. The hoses use a quick lock system rather than a friction fit.
The tank also drains quicker than so many other vacuums with big tanks.
- Large 16-gallon tank capacity
- Multiple filtration which gives the option of different power levels
- 6.5 peak horsepower motor for powerful suction
- 12-foot electric cord giving wider reach
- 7-foot hose
- No filter bag
- Multiple attachment tools
- Blowing port
- You have multiple filtrations to ensure proper management of drywall dust
- Long lasting and powerful motor
- The extra large tank helps for professional cleanup tasks
- Emptying the tank is fast because of the larger drain
- Powerful suction that gets the job done fast
- It can be used as a blower
- Lack of filter bags can make cleaning the tank more difficult
This shop vac is very powerful and has filtration that is able to handle drywall dust as well as wet waste. Its body is stainless steel which makes it durable and easy to clean.
It comes with all the accessories you would need and the hose is long enough to give you sufficient reach around the area you are cleaning. It ticks just about all the boxes for a best shop vac for drywall dust that leaves the area clean and the air free from escaped dust. It can also be used for everyday vacuuming in the house, office or anywhere.
- 5.5 peak horsepower motor for strong suction
- HEPA filtration to ensure clean air
- 8-gallon collection tank
- Long 18-foot power cable
- 12-foot lock-on hose
- Stainless steel body
- Can be used as a blower
- It provides strong suction that cleans up drywall dust quickly
- Good filters that keep fine dust inside
- The long power cord and hose make it easy to reach a wider area
- It comes with a number of accessory tools
- It manages both wet and dry messes very well
- There is nowhere to keep the accessory tools
When you are searching for the best shop vac for drywall dust, you are looking for power and filtration. That is exactly what all 5 of these models will provide with added features like size noise levels and affordability. Within this list, there is something for everyone and you can be sure that whatever you choose will perform perfectly. The 9625810 Right Stuff is the one experts usually choose as the best shop vac for drywall dust, so it would be a good choice for you. On the other end, however, if you want something more budget friendly then the 9650610 Right Stuff is a good option that gives you everything you need for smaller jobs at a reasonable price.